Yes, we know it isn’t a realistic goal to end racism in this coming year, but with this vision and your commitment, together we can make it clear that racism in all its forms is unacceptable in the Greater Richmond area. It starts with making a pledge about what you
will do in the next year.
To help you define your personal commitment, we will be offering two Living the Pledge Workshops in the first quarter of 2019:
- January 19 and 26, 2019, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Unitarian Universalist Community Church of Glen Allen, 11105 Cauthorne Rd, Glen Allen, VA 23059.
- March 2 and 16, 2019, 9:15 a.m. to 4:10 p.m. at First Unitarian Universalist Church 1000 Blanton Avenue, Richmond, VA 23221.
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/5COxiCD-sttMm7EPl9-0yA” text=”JAN 2019 REGISTER ” ] [maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/18sVYxwbrs7Qsr8P0VqdHQ” text=”MAR 2019 REGISTER” ]
The primary goal of this workshop is to develop confidence in our abilities to:
- Integrate the Richmond Pledge into our daily lives;
- Recognize and challenge systemic racism;
- Confront racism and bias in our everyday lives, and
- Take leadership in ending racism in our community, our culture, and our lives.
As part of the workshop, participants develop a community of support and an understanding of how to use support in deepening our work in building a just and equitable multicultural world.
The only way to end racism is for people to come together and demand equity and justice for all. Join us today.