Registration is now open for people who live in the Greater Richmond, VA, area. (If you are from another location, scroll to the bottom for more information.)
If you are currently in high school, please register here: High School Virtual Living the Pledge Workshop Registration.
The primary goal of this workshop is to develop confidence in our abilities to:
- Integrate the Richmond Pledge to End Racism into our daily lives;
- Confront racism and bias in our everyday lives
- Recognize and challenge systemic racism; and
- Take leadership in ending racism in our community, our culture, and our lives.
As part of the workshop, participants develop a community of support and an understanding of how to use support in deepening our work in building a just and equitable multicultural world.
- If you sign up, you must attend all six sessions. (Oct. 10, 17, 24; Nov. 7, 14, 21)
- There will be readings and videos that you will be asked to review before each week’s session. If you agree to participate, you are agreeing to do that work each week. We will send out links to the initial work a week prior to the first session.
- Each participant in a household will need their own computer or large tablet AND an enabled web camera and microphone to fully participate in the small group work using Zoom. Please contact us if you have questions or concerns about the technical requirements.
WHO’S THIS CLASS FOR?
For people who live in the Greater Richmond, VA area* who have:
- engaged in other anti-racism/multiculturalism training. This workshop is designed to take your understanding and your competency to a deeper level, connecting you with other community activists.
- never taken a class about racism. This workshop will challenge you to invest in and deepen your learning so you can put yourself on the road to intercultural competence.
- October 10: Module 1 – Foundations for Understanding
- October 17: Module 2 – Recognizing and Confronting Bias
- October 24: Module 3 – Speak Up Against Microaggressions
- October 31: Break
- November 7: Module 4 – Structural and Institutional Racism
- November 14: Module 5 – The Movement for Black Lives
- November 21: Module 6 – Personal Commitment to Ending Racism
*If you do not live in the Greater Richmond, VA, area and are interested in the Pledge to End Racism and the Living the Pledge workshop, please contact Annette Marquis or Anita Lee for more information about bringing the Pledge and workshop to your community.