Registration is now open. All are welcome.
The primary goal of this workshop is to help participants integrate the Pledge to End Racism in their daily lives by:
- Learning how to confront racism and bias in everyday encounters;
- Recognizing and challenging systemic racism; and
- Taking on a personal leadership role in ending racism in their community.
As part of the workshop, participants will develop a community of support and an understanding of how to use this support to deepen their work in building a just and equitable multicultural world.
- If you sign up, you must attend all six sessions. (January 24, 31; February 7, 21, 28; March 7)
- There will be readings and videos that you will be asked to review before each week’s session. If you agree to participate, you are agreeing to do that work each week. We will send out links to the initial work a week prior to the first session.
- Each participant in a household will need their own computer or large tablet AND an enabled web camera and microphone to fully participate in the small group work using Zoom. Please contact us if you have questions or concerns about the technical requirements.
WHO’S THIS CLASS FOR?
The workshop is for:
- People who’ve had previous anti-racism training and want to take their understanding and competency to a deeper level. This class will provide an opportunity to grow their knowledge and commitment for more effective anti-racism work.
- People who’ve never taken a class about racism and are willing to invest in their learning with additional reading and other activities. This class will provide an opportunity for them to start on the road to anti-racism competence.
- January 24: Module 1 – Foundations for Understanding
- January 31: Module 2 – Recognizing and Confronting Bias
- February 7: Module 3 – Speak Up Against Microaggressions
- February 14: Break
- February 21: Module 4 – Structural and Institutional Racism
- February 28: Module 5 – The Movement for Black Lives
- March 7: Module 6 – Personal Commitment to Ending Racism
*If you do not live in the Greater Richmond, VA, area and are interested in the Pledge to End Racism and the Living the Pledge workshop, please contact Annette Marquis or Anita Lee for more information about bringing the Pledge and workshop to your community. You are also most welcome to attend this workshop if space allows.