SAVE THE DATES!
The primary goal of this workshop is to develop confidence in our abilities to:
• Integrate the Richmond Pledge into our daily lives;
• Recognize and challenge systemic racism;
• Confront racism and bias in our everyday lives; and
• Take leadership in ending racism in our community, our culture, and our lives.
As part of the workshop, participants develop a community of support and an understanding of how to use support in deepening our work in building a just and equitable multicultural world.
1. If you sign up, you must attend all six sessions.
2. There will be readings and videos that you will be asked to review before each week’s session. If you agree to participate, you are agreeing to do that work each week. We will send out links to the initial week’s work to participants once they register.
Who’s This Class For?
• For people who have engaged in other antiracism/multiculturalism training, this workshop is
designed to take your understanding and your competency to a deeper level, connecting you with other community activists.
• If you’ve never taken a class about racism, this workshop will challenge you to invest in and deepen your learning so you can put yourself on the road to intercultural competence.
We are currently lining up facilitators and hope to open up registration by early July. If you have not already signed the Pledge to End Racism, we encourage you to do so as we will send out an email notification when registration for the workshop is live.